Oct 1, 2008

Run, don't walk....(BLOG CANDY TOO!)


...to your local bookstore, walmart, craft store, etc. to get the December 08 issue of Scrap & Stamp Arts magazine.

Why you ask?

Because it has my first double spread article in it! I wrote an article about Crystal Lacquer and there are some cool-io samples that go along with it. Plus, there is a layout of my super cute middle boy, Justin in it. That kid is so cute, if I must say so myself.
And while you are out, be sure to pick up the next issue of Just Cards. I hear that there are a TON of awesome ideas in it! I haven't gotten my copy yet but it is usually a good one.

I hope to have a few more projects up on here this week but I am not 100% sure that will happen. The past 2 weeks have been super busy. Between football, running errands and joining a new bible study group, I am also finishing my last week of the PSYCH 202 course for my degree. I still have a long ways to go but man, this class has been a killer! I never knew I would have to write so many stinkin' papers...and learning the APA format has been a struggle. Heck, back when I was in high school, our papers were done on the typewritter. I must admit though, I usually paid my friend to type it out for me :)
So, my question, for those of you that work, go to school, have a ton of things going on, how do you fit in your fun, stampin' time?
All of the comments will be put in a drawing for some goodies! Up for grabs will be a copy of the 2 publications listed above plus some glitter, a stamp or two, a brass stencil and maybe even some ribbons. HOWEVER, there must be at least 20 comments to send this stuff out so be sure to send your friends a link. Drawing will be on October 7th.

13 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

How exciting!! I really enjoy looking at magazines and seeing people I am familiar with in there...makes me feel like I'm associated with a bunch of famous people!

Diane said...

Way cool, girl! You're so awesome! I have no advice about juggling all those things, except for don't sleep! LOL

Really, I just wanted to say congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! Congrats!

I make sure I schedule my fun time in just like everything else. If it is on the calendar then it must be done - no exceptions! Write it in PEN - then it can't be easily replaced with something else.

Sharon in NE said...

As I sit here bleary eyed due to lack of sleep (that's my first suggestion), I first want to congratulate you on this incredible spread! Very nice work!!
Secondly, I don't even accomplish a quarter as much as most people because I have to do it during off hours (late at night). In addition, meals are pretty lean and to the point around here to save time (hey, its only fuel, I save the fussing for the holidays). So I cut out the time wasting stuff (like eating and sleeping) and wa la, there's a little extra time in the day. I've worked f.t. and raised a family for 20 years. Its a struggle but you learn what's important and what's not.

Jen Carter said...

Congratulations on your article! How to fit in stamping...well, with an infant and Kindergartener I struggle! But, if I can still keep my eyes open at the end of the day, my time would be in the late evenings or during nap time. Sometimes, unfortunately, I just don't fit it in at all. :(

Bunny B said...

Woohoo!! Congrats on getting published!! :)) So awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlfriend!!
Congrats on your accomplishment! Very nice!!
The only way that I get in stamping time is if I put it in my planner!! No kidding.
Keep me posted..............
Hugs,
Vicky~~

Sherri Thacker said...

1) I write everything down.
2) I get things done early (way too early sometimes).
3) Its just now I am getting more sleep as my 2 kids are teens now. LOL Congrats on being published. I saw it and you look great! Sherri

Karla McConnell said...

I'm struggling with this too, Awna. A new thing I'm trying is to focus more on one task instead of doing several tasks in one day. For example, focus on getting the laundry done -- for the most part -- all in one day. Stamp in between loads. Run errands all on one day, etc. (Hopefully this will save on gas, too.) Anyway, it's a thought -- I hope it works. Congrats on your 2-page layout. I know it's awesome, cuz' you are awesome!!

kdteacher said...

I have to say the best thing that I do to get "my" time is by being more strict with bedtime. 8:30 the kids are in bed with little reason to get out! Congrats about your dps!
Samantha

Meri said...

Congrats on your two-page spread. I'll have to go check it out. As for squeezing in stamp time, sometimes I'll do some cutting or punching of cardstock right before bed or early in the morning before I leave for work Then I take the pieces and my ink, a few stamps on acrylic blocks, coloring supplies and portable adhesive with me and do some stamping on lunch or on the train (sometimes I even Stickle items to dry while I'm waiting for my super slow work computer to change screens when saving items). It doens't always work, but it can help if there are things I've GOT to get done and am running out of time for. Good luck with it.

Amy Kolling said...

I usually feel guilty stamping when my house is in need of cleaning, laundry done, dishes put away, etc...etc....SO, I get these things done and have myself some time after the kiddos are in bed. Congrats on the publications!! Love your work!!

Karen said...

Not sure how to fit all that in - I do about the same minus the school and still trying to figure it out myself! Good luck on the rest of your class!! Congrats on the 2pg spread as well!!