Sep 15, 2008

kids & cats...


I have a funny to share...I love cats, not that the fact itself is funny, but the story I am going to tell you is!
When I first met my husband we were hanging out getting to know each other. We had been seeing each other for a couple of weeks and I felt that I really liked this dude. I felt it was getting close to the time that I needed to tell him I had some kiddos.
See, I had been married before and have 2 kids (big boys Brando & Jay) from that marriage. I had not dated since my divorce 5 years before. I did not want to have the boys meet any guy I was dating until I knew I was going to keep him around.
So as Shawn and I were talking about our likes & dislikes, he tells me the most startling statement EVER....he said "I pretty much like everything and everyone. In fact, there are only 2 things I don't like...kids & cats."
My jaw dropped, here I was a single mom and I had a cat!
I waited a bit after he said that, told him I had 2 kids and a cat. He laughed it off. I thought for sure it would end right then & there...
Flash forward to 9 years later...Shawn & I now have 4 kids & we have had as many as 3 cats at once.
Guess he likes kids & cats after all! And who said you can't change them when you marry them?!?!
Card Info:
Stamps: Eat Cake Graphics

8 comments:

Danni said...

LOL! Funny story. Funny how love changes everything!
Cute card!

Erin said...

What a cute story.

I absolutely love this card Awana. :)

Traci G said...

This is a cute card...and the story even cuter!

Karen said...

too cute - both the card and the story!!

Lori Barnett said...

OK....that is CUTE!! And a cute story too :)

Lori Barnett said...

My daughter wants to leave a comment too. Here goes:

"So cute!! I wanna make a card like that."

Jennifer E. said...

Hi Awna, cute card & cute story! I enjoyed reading your post today!

Chris said...

Love your story! Sounds like you ended up with a winner! :D