Jun 29, 2008

PSA

I am not one that is known for speaking up about a lot of things. I do not share my political or religious beliefs openly, heck, sometimes I don't even discuss things like that with my family.
I learned from a relative then I was younger that the best way to end a friendship is to discuss religion, politics or pregnancy options, as not everyone believes the same thing, this is America after all. Therefore I know in my heart where I stand and that is good enough for me. I hate the political smear campaigns, I dislike the "my church is better than your church" fights and don't even get me started on a few other things, LOL!


However, I am going to share something today. I am a huge fan of Postsecret (http://postsecret.blogspot.com/) thanks to my good friend Steph. It is a neat site, if you haven't gone there yet, I really encourage you to stop by once. I had been going thru some tough stuff and thought that I was the only one out there with a secret. This site shares postcards that people send their secrets on. They are anonymous, no one knows who they come from and it is amazing how many people do this. There are even a few books full of just postcards people have sent in. They update the site every Sunday with new secrets. You can bet it is the first site I visit when I log on each Sunday.


Anyways, back to the story...today when I went to read I came across the like to the info about Hopeline. If you have ever known anyone contimplating suicide, lost someone to suicide or have even thought of it or attempted it yourself, you will see how important this subject is. I am not sure if I am doing the link right, but if you go to http://postsecret.blogspot.com/ you can see the video :)


Back to stampin'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Ir2_47_LI&eurl=http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

joybear said...

Blog hopping...LOVE your cards!! Thanks for the postcard site link...very fun, I might have to send a postcard myself.

Anonymous said...

I have went to the post secret blog... I went today even... but I don't remember seeing that. I don't know why but I got teary eyed as I watched the video... maybe because today has been a really hard day and sometimes, I too, feel as if I could just go to sleep and never wake up... that if I did it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, as always, and the postcard site was interesting too! :-)