May 9, 2009

Saturday Story Time


This last month our library's book club chose a Karen Kingsbury book to read for the monthly Faithful Reader's group. The book we read was "A Time to Dance".

I really liked it, at first I didn't think I would. The storyline was good and it was a quick read.The subject was a touchy one, divorce & a Christian family. This can be a taboo subject for some people. I really got a lot out of this book and it changed the way I look at my marriage and husband. Anyway, here is what they have to say about it:


John and Abby were the perfect couple, but they are about to lose it all: On the verge of having an affair, John is no more the man Abby married than she is the long ago girl of his dreams. They make the sad decision to divorce. When they gather their three children to tell them the news, their daughter makes an announcement of her own: she's getting married that summer.Determined not to ruin their daughter's season of happiness, Abby and John secretly agree to put their divorce plans on hold. But as the wedding nears, they wonder: Is it possible to find joy, after all these years, and perhaps the time...to dance.

1 comments:

Diane said...

TFS about this one! I LOVE KK and have already read all the ones I could get my hands on. Now I need to hunt for this one! ;-)