Feb 26, 2009

apologies....


Something has wrecked havoc on my laptop. I am so ticked, hubby had to reinstall everything and I lost ALL of my photos, scans and school work.

So, what do you to to save your stuff, do you have a backup system in place? If so, what is it?

Have you seen the newest CardMaker Magazine? I have a card in it! It is on pg 58 of the March 09 issue!

I was shocked to see it as I decided back in the fall to stop submitting to magazines. I was spending so much time making stuff to send, spending boo-koo money on postage, etc. I stopped one day and realized that I could be sending all of those cards to people I know and could be a blessing to them instead of being added to the editors pile to make money off of. Besides, most of the time, I didn't receive anything other than a free issue & that was hit & miss.

Now, I create and mail cards out to people to make their day brighter...besides, that is why we all decided to start making cards anyways, right?

5 comments:

Jewels said...

Hi Awna,
Computer problems are no fun! I'm really not a very organized person, but I do try to back up data on an external hard drive. Mine was about $100, doesn't take
up much space and gives me some piece of mind. I also had a laptop stolen at Christmas and do you know what saved me? I had a Zune mp3 player which I unknowingly had transfered all my photos from My Pictures into. They hold a ton and it's nice to have backups of your favorite family pics.
Jewels

Michelle Quinno said...

Yep, I sure did see it! See comment below. Congrats!

Chelsea said...

great card Awna .. congrats!

I hate computer issues ... bummer!

Diane said...

Funny thing! Just yesterday I was admiring that card in the magazine, but I didn't even look to see whose it was! It's yours! Who woulda thunk?? WTG! About backup...I'm terrible and have been praying I don't lose everything before I decide what to do.

Amy Kolling said...

We have an external hard drive as well....but I do think that I need to put my pics somewhere else too. Just one of my fears is losing all my pics. Awna, this card is absolutely beautiful!!