Jun 17, 2008

my new space...





I swear, I think that I may have the bestest husband...at least for today, lol!



We recently moved from a large 1700 sq ft house into a smaller home (about 1000) sq. ft that doesn't have stairs!



With the move to a smaller house, I lost my large kitchen, dining room and stamp room. I thought I was doing OK stamping in the kitchen and in the living room while watching TV but I must have been irritating the man because he decided to create a stamping space for me over the weekend.



Our master bedroom has a large, beautiful garden tub in it. I thought that it would be romantic but well, hubby & I are NOT little people and the tub was not as romantic as I thought it would turn out being, trust me, I will not subject you to those images, ha ha ha



Anyways, over the weekend, Shawn built a loft over the garden tub and turned the area into a great new stamping area, complete with storage, ribbon racks and shelving!



We still need to do the walls, I hate the wallpaper, but that will have to wait until I am out of this stinkin' cast!



Let me know what you think of my new area.








12 comments:

CharityHand said...

Wow! That's great. Your husband did a super job.

Erin said...

Sorry about the loss of a larger space, but Awana I have to tell you this is BEAUTIFUL. Charming, lovely and cosy. I'm sure you will have fun creating tons of art in that space.

K Hutchinson said...

WOW your new craft space is gorgeous! You have a wonderful hubby! Enjoy your new space! You will be cranking out the stuff now ;)

Vicki Hook said...

OMG Awna, how stinkin cool is that!!! He is sooo creative to come up with that! I just can't believe it - it's like you have your own stage to work on, LOL!

Cathy said...

l am in love with your new space the sun light is awesome and how sweet he did a great job setting your space up..l can't wait my crafts are all over the place so l know how you feel..this is great now you have me dreaming of my new space LOL...

Chris said...

You better be nice to him...that is so neat!! A much better use of space, I'd say. It really looks great and I love your colorful storage...hm...you've got me thinking! :) How do you like the baggie storage technique, BTW?

Anonymous said...

wow Awna it's fab!! and what a sweet hubby you havE!! have fun creating in your lovely new space
Cindi
:)

BarbK said...

Awna, it's amazing! He is really a great guy and so thoughtful to make a craft space for you. With all the beautiful cards you create, you really deserve it. Well done, Shawn.

Anonymous said...

I am green with envy! But you've inspired me to get my supplies better organized and under control. Lots of great ideas from your pics, so thanks for sharing!!!!

MaryAnn said...

I love your creative space! Shawn did an awesome job. What a great idea and much better use of that tub area. LOL!

Deborah March said...

FABULOUS space Awna! Nice hubby, and you can even wash your stamps in that bathtub! (lol)

sandyh50 said...

What a nice hubby you have! I love your drawers with the alternating colors. How balanced and cute.